A Note From Chris & Kristie, Shop Owners @ LBC
Updating Regularly. Last Update May 23rd
CURRENT COVID-19 HOURS
Open Tuesday-Saturday 11am-5pm; Closed Sunday-Monday
To Our Longmont Bicycle & Coffee Co. Community -
Nature isn't cancelled. Neither are bikes. We are currently still open, but doing things a little differently under the circumstances. We are taking things day-by-day, are committed to helping our community stay fit, outdoors, and sane during this difficult and chaotic time. While we are currently still open for business, our doors are not open for browsing product; that said, you can still shop bikes in person (test rides are currently allowed) and browse product all you like on this website, and purchase items for curbside pickup via phone or website orders.
* Please Note: We are encouraging Click & Collect online orders, as well as ordering over the phone. We're also offering Drop & Dash Service, FREE curbside pickup, FREE delivery of bikes and FREE shipping on orders over $75. To shop for a bike, please come to our back door during shop hours. At times, there is a line of customers waiting for assistance. When this happens, please be patient; we will get to you as we are able to. Typically, you will wait no more than 5-10 minutes before you are helped.
This situation is very dynamic and constantly changing. Our team is staying up-to-date with local and CDC guidelines and recommendations to help prevent the spread of the virus. We will update our website regularly with changes to hours, store policies, etc. Please be patient, and please know we are doing whatever we can to keep everyone safe and sane during this time. Our staff is working VERY long hours to accommodate this situation. In addition to being patient with us, please be kind. We are doing our best to keep up with demand and it's not easy under the current circumstances and all the new policies and procedures we've had to implement. We appreciate your patience and your understanding.
COVID-19 PRO TIPS
- The most efficient way to shop right now is to start with browsing online. Our website will tell you if what you are looking for is available "In Warehouse" or "In Stock" at our retail location. If available "In Warehouse", purchases will be at our store within 3-5 business days.
- If you are looking for a bike, our website will tell you if we have it in stock at our retail location or if you need to call for availability. If we have the bike you're looking for, you are welcome to take it for a test ride by coming to our back door during current shop hours.
- Inventory has become limited. It seems everyone is riding bikes during Covid-19! New bikes are arriving at the shop every week, and are being purchased immediately upon arriving. To help manage this, and to help our customers get the bikes they are looking for, we are doing 1 or 2 things...
- 1. Taking pre-order payments on bikes we have on backorder. This puts you at the top of the list when the bike you're looking for arrives. You pay for the bike in-full, prior to it's arrival. At anytime, prior to it's arrival, if you change your mind and decide you don't want the bike - we will refund your payment and move to the next person on the list. * We ask that you only make payment if you are serious about waiting for the bike. We are able to give a ballpark date of when the bike is due to arrive since we've already placed an order for the bike and have an ETA in place.
- 2. Taking contact info for our "Watch List". When what you're looking for arrives at the shop and is available for purchase, we will notify you. These bikes will be sold on a first come first serve basis.
HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH LBC DURING THIS TIME
- Drop & Dash: Call to schedule service. "Drop & Dash" when you arrive. You'll be notified when the work is done; payment will be collected over the phone.
- Click & Collect Online: We are encouraging "Click & Collect" orders via shopping online, then collecting your order via curbside pickup.
- Shopping Via Phone: We are welcoming phone orders. Place your order & make payment via phone, then collect your order via curbside pickup.
- Calling Ahead: If you’re looking for something specific and don't already see it on our website, call ahead rather than browsing in person.
- FREE Bike Delivery: Bikes are available for curb-side pickup and FREE delivery; most other products are available for shipping.
- Notifications: When you shop online or by phone, you will be notified when your order is ready.
- Curbside Pickup: For curb-side pickup, you can pull into the parking lot behind our store, call us, and we’ll bring your items to you.
- FREE Shipping: If you order something online or over the phone and would like us to ship it to you, we are happy to do so. We're offering FREE shipping on orders over $75. Orders under $75 is $10 for shipping.
SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES WHEN CHOOSING TO STAY HOME
We thank you in advance for your continued support of local, small businesses. We cannot get through this without loyal customers and a rallying community. Please continue to shop local whenever and wherever you can. Supporting local also means helping your local economy. Keep that in mind when making choices during this time. Shop small first, shop local first, utilize delivery & shipping options, order ahead, pickup to go, shop online & purchase gift cards for later use...
- Shop Small First. Before shopping Target, Walmart or the like, utilize local options first. Shopping small means shopping businesses that have fewer people and interactions, in smaller stores, that are easier to keep clean. It’s also easier to practice 6ft of social distancing.
- Shop Local First. Before shopping Amazon or the like, utilize local options first and support your local economy. This helps EVERYONE in our local communities. Local stores also tend to buy more locally and support other local businesses, organizations and non-profits.
- Utilize Delivery & Shipping Options. Many local businesses already deliver and ship...and many are implementing these practices now. Utilize them.
- Order Ahead. Pickup To Go. Shop Online. Local Businesses need your support. Take the time to shop their websites or order over the phone.
- Buy Gift Certificates Now. Perhaps you were planning to buy a new bike this week, but want to wait till things calm down? Why not buy a gift certificate now for that future purchase? This will help us maintain the cost of our overhead (rent, continuing to pay our employees, etc.)
- Wash Your Hands. Shop From Home If You’re Sick. Get Outdoors. Repeat.
NEW SHOP POLICIES
With all this in mind, like we stated above, we are doing some things differently for a bit. Below are a few noteworthy bullet points we want to share with you. We appreciate your continued business and support during this incredibly chaotic and confusing time and we pray that you and your family stay healthy.
Cleaning: Our entire staff is wiping down surfaces with appropriate virus killing solutions (doors, handles, phones, keyboards, credit card terminals, countertops, bikes, etc.). Staff is washing hands upon entering work, at regular intervals throughout the day and after handling cash, etc. We have contactless credit card terminals for Apple Pay or chip cards, and are encouraging online/phone orders to reduce exchanges between humans.
Hand Sanitizer: We’re spraying everyone's hands with sanitizer upon entering the store.
Social Distancing: We're asking that everyone remains conscious of the 6ft social distancing rule.
No Socializing or Congregating: Normally, we're very social and love chatting. That's put on hold for now. We're encouraging "Drop & Dash", "Click & Collect", "Curbside Pickup", etc.
Bike Sanitizing: Bikes are being sprayed down prior to and after test rides, and bikes that come in for service are also sprayed down prior to any service work that we perform and prior to handing bikes back to you.
Extra Precautions: While online shopping is encouraged, extra precautions will be taken with in-store visits. For example, gloves are available for any test rides.
WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER. WE'LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER
That about covers it for now. We’d like to remind you that we're in this together and we will get through this together. In addition to getting lots of fresh air and riding your bikes, please take care of your neighbors and community, as well as your family. And please...remain patient and kind. This is difficult for everyone; especially for those working in industries (like ours) that have been turned upside down, are in high demand and are trying their best to keep up and survive. We sincerely appreciate your business and your understanding.
See you soon,
Chris & Kristie