A Note From Chris & Kristie, Shop Owners @ LBC
Updating Regularly. Last Update March 28th
To Our Longmont Bicycle & Coffee Co. Community -
Nature isn't cancelled. Neither are bikes. We are currently still open, but doing things a little differently under the current circumstances. This is definitely a whole new kind of March Madness. We are taking things day-by-day, are committed to helping our community stay fit, outdoors, and sane during this difficult and chaotic time. While we are currently still open for business, our doors are not open for browsing.
- Hours through April 11th, during the Covid-19 Colorado Stay-At-Home Order
- Open Wednesday-Sunday 11am-5pm
- Closed Monday-Tuesday
* Please Note: You can now shop our products online. We are encouraging Click & Collect online orders, as well as ordering over the phone when possible. We're also offering Drop & Dash Service, FREE curbside pickup, FREE delivery of bikes and FREE shipping on orders over $50. Please make an appointment to shop for a bike, and use the following as a guide for how we're currently doing business.
HOW TO DO BUSINESS WITH LBC DURING THIS TIME
- Drop & Dash: Call to schedule service. "Drop & Dash" when you arrive. You'll be notified when the work is done; payment will be collected over the phone.
- Click & Collect Online: We are encouraging "Click & Collect" orders via shopping online, then collecting your order via curbside pickup.
- Shopping Via Phone: We are welcoming phone orders. Place your order & make payment via phone, then collect your order via curbside pickup.
- Shopping via Appointment: Call ahead and schedule an appointment to shop for new bikes. This allows us to manage social distancing.
- Calling Ahead: If you’re looking for something specific and don't already see it on our website, call ahead rather than browsing in person.
- FREE Bike Delivery: Bikes are available for curb-side pickup and FREE delivery; most other products are available for shipping.
- Notifications: When you shop online or by phone, you will be notified when your order is ready.
- Curbside Pickup: For curb-side pickup, you can pull into the parking lot behind our store, call us, and we’ll bring your items to you.
- FREE Shipping: If you order something online or over the phone and would like us to ship it to you, we are happy to do so. We're offering FREE shipping on orders over $50. Orders under $50 is $10 for shipping.
This situation is very dynamic and constantly changing. Our team is staying up-to-date with local and CDC guidelines and recommendations to help prevent the spread of the virus. We will update our website regularly with changes to hours, store policies, etc.
Just this week, the Colorado Governor, Jared Polis encouraged everyone to "Enjoy our great outdoors. Whether bird watching, or hiking or biking, what a great way to exercise social distancing in an environment where you and your family are in our great outdoors." We were so happy to hear his calm, encouraging and positive message. It's a message that we are wholeheartedly embracing and we hope you will too.
Cycling can help relieve stress and anxiety, so we will remain open as long as we can safely manage to do so. Our goal is to support our staff, keeping everyone employed, while continuing to serve our community. If safe and legal to do so, we hope to keep our mechanics busy, working on bikes. Now's a great time to get those pre-season tune-ups or that new bike you've been eyeing! Should we decide or be required by law to close our doors, it is our hope that we will still be able to keep our staff busy and employed while working on your bikes!
SUPPORTING LOCAL BUSINESSES WHEN CHOOSING TO STAY HOME
We thank you in advance for your continued support of local, small businesses. We cannot get through this without loyal customers and a rallying community. Please continue to shop local whenever and wherever you can. Supporting local also means helping your local economy. Keep that in mind when making choices during this time. Shop small first, shop local first, utilize delivery & shipping options, order ahead, pickup to go, shop online & purchase gift cards for later use...
- Shop Small First. Before shopping Target, Walmart or the like, utilize local options first. Shopping small means shopping businesses that have fewer people and interactions, in smaller stores, that are easier to keep clean. It’s also easier to practice 6ft of social distancing.
- Shop Local First. Before shopping Amazon or the like, utilize local options first and support your local economy. This helps EVERYONE in our local communities. Local stores also tend to buy more locally and support other local businesses, organizations and non-profits.
- Utilize Delivery & Shipping Options. Many local businesses already deliver and ship...and many are implementing these practices now. Utilize them.
- Order Ahead. Pickup To Go. Shop Online. Local Businesses need your support. Take the time to shop their websites or order over the phone.
- Buy Gift Certificates Now. Perhaps you were planning to buy a new bike this week, but want to wait till things calm down? Why not buy a gift certificate now for that future purchase? This will help us maintain the cost of our overhead (rent, continuing to pay our employees, etc.)
- Wash Your Hands. Shop From Home If You’re Sick. Get Outdoors. Repeat.
NEW SHOP POLICIES
With all this in mind, like we stated above, we are doing some things differently for a bit. Below are a few noteworthy bullet points we want to share with you. We appreciate your continued business and support during this incredibly chaotic and confusing time and we pray that you and your family stay healthy.
Cleaning: Our entire staff is wiping down surfaces with appropriate virus killing solutions (doors, handles, phones, keyboards, credit card terminals, countertops, bikes, etc.). Staff is washing hands upon entering work, at regular intervals throughout the day and after handling cash, etc. We have contactless credit card terminals for Apple Pay or chip cards, and are encouraging online/phone orders to reduce exchanges between humans.
Hand Washing: We’re asking that everyone wash their hands upon entering the store.
Social Distancing: We're asking that everyone remains conscious of the 6ft social distancing rule.
No Socializing or Congregating: Normally, we're very social and love chatting. That's put on hold for now. We're encouraging "Drop & Dash", "Click & Collect", "Curbside Pickup", etc.
Sanitizing: Bikes are being sprayed down prior to and after test rides, and bikes that come in for service are also sprayed down prior to any service work that we perform and prior to handing bikes back to you.
Extra Precautions: While online shopping is encouraged, extra precautions will be taken with in-store visits. For example, gloves are available for any test rides.
WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER. WE'LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER
That about covers it for now. We’d like to remind you that we're in this together and we will get through this together. In addition to getting lots of fresh air and riding your bikes, please take care of your neighbors and community, as well as your family.
We and our staff are here to help however we can,
Chris & Kristie